I have learned the hard way that Maelyn at 2 really does listen to what I say. Not only does she listen, but she knows how to turn it on me and use the large vocabulary words correctly. Here are a few examples:
1. Maelyn was eating some Tang a.k.a sugar. She likes to dip her finger in and then lick it off. This makes her finger sticky. She then came over to me on the couch and put her hand on the blanket. I saw her looking at her finger. She asked if I would go wash her hands. Thinking there was just more sugar on her finger I told her to lick it off. She looked at me with this are you kidding me mom kind of look and said, "Mom, that's disgusting!" I looked closer and there were black fuzzies all over her finger. She was right that is disgusting!
2. Maelyn was in the living room watching cartoons. Right in the middle of one of her favorites, Wow Wow Wubbzy, she tells me..."oh, I have to go check my email, I will be right back mom."
3. Maelyn came in to the living room when I was changing Baby Daison's poopy diaper. She walked by and got a whif and with her nose shrugged up said, "What is that aweful smell mom?"
4. Maelyn had spent the night at Grandma Pat's and the next day they stopped at the store before meeting us at Mazie and John's house. She had told us a story about going to the store and there was a scary house there and explained that she didn't like the house and it scared her. Several times that night I was parenting her by saying, "I have told you not to do that and you did it - you need to listen to mom." The next day I was taking the kids to my friends to watch them while I was at work. I was trying to make conversation with Maelyn on the way. She had just re-told the story about being with grandma and that she had taken her to a store with a scary house that scared her. A few minutes later I asked her if she had fun at grandma Pat's house this weekend. Her reply was in a very sturn voice, "I told you mom, she took me to the store and there was a scary house. You need to listen to me mom!"
5. Maelyn and Baby Daison spent a few hours at Gary and Darlene's house. Maelyn had a great time riding on Grandpa Gary's tractor and going in his bus (that is what she calls his motor home). She didn't want to leave their house much and she loves to play with Grandma Darlene's bunnies. When I got her out to the car I asked her to climb across the back seat and get into her car seat. I should have known better. When she is tired she never wants to get in her car seat and we always either negotiate or tell her that it is not a discussion and she has to get in. I got Dais locked in his car seat and walked around to the other side of the car. She had then crawled into the front seat on the passenger side. When I asked her to come get into her car seat she replied; "Mom, this is not a discussion and I am not going to get into my car seat."
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How did I not know you guys have a blog??? I am so excited to keep up on here now! I love it so far! Darling kids!
ReplyDelete