Dear Players,
Sorry about the mass email but it is the most efficient way to get the word out.
I announced yesterday that I will be stepping down from my position as Head Volleyball Coach at Weber State University at the conclusion of the season. Change is always hard and never easy, but it is inevitable. Life is full of change and how we choose to respond to that change will dictate the quality of our contribution.
After 18 seasons, you just know when it's time for a change; time to go in a different direction. I am extremely thankful and honored to have had the opportunity to direct the program over the past 18 years. With this said, I believe this current group of student/athletes will do something special during their tenure.
I wish the program, coaches, and players good fortune. I will miss the student/athletes present and past, coaches, the many friends, associates, and of course the Weber State Family. I have had the opportunity to coach some of the best young women and will take with me many great memories and experiences.
I would like to thank University President, Dr. Ann Millner, Vice-President Dr. Norm Tarbox, Athletic Director, Jerry Bovee, previous AD's (Jerry Graybeal. John Johnson, and Dutch Belnap) and my assistant coaches (Teri Spiers, Wendy Osborne, Melissa Leonard, April Painter, Stephanie Kropchiek, and Joy Nakishi) for the opportunity to work with them and for all their support.
Looking back, my only regret during my tenure at Weber State is not accomplishing as much as I set out to do. To all my players past & present thank you and please know that I love each and everyone of you. Thanks for making a difference in my life and the life of my family.
Take care and may God richly bless each and everyone of you.
Love, Al
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment